At the Life Practice clinic we believe that everything in moderation is the way to go so if you fancy something a bit sweet these make the perfect snack for kids lunch boxes or as a sweet snack after dinner.
6 oz / 165g Goat’s Butter
4 oz / 110g Rapadura Sugar
3 tbsp Maple Syrup
11 oz / 310g Organic Porridge Oats
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Handful of sultanas (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C / 315°F / Gas Mark 3.
2. Gently melt the butter in a saucepan.
3. Add the sugar and the maple syrup, stirring to dissolve.
4. Add the porridge oats and cinnamon (and sultanas if you choose).
5. Stir to combine all of the ingredients.
6. Remove from the heat.
7. Line an oven-proof dish, approx 10 x 7 inches, with un-bleached greaseproof paper
8. Grease with extra virgin olive oil or goat’s butter.
9. Put the mixture into the prepared dish and press down firmly using the back of a
10. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
11. Leave to cool in the dish, cutting the flapjacks to the required sizes after about 5
minutes, (while still warm).